Preparation time: 20-30 min.
1 orange and 1 yellow bell pepper
Pinto beans or black beans
1 small can of sweet corn
1 diced tomato (I prefer to use Roma, they stay a little more crunchy instead of mushy)
1/2 avocado, sliced into several small pieces
1/2 to 1 cup of pico de gallo (a salsa found at most major grocery stores)
1/2 large lime
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Take your two peppers and cut their stems off and clean them out of any seeds left.
- Cut each pepper in half leaving you with 4 halves, and set them on a large plate facing upward so they look like bowls.
- You can either A) heat the beans in your microwave or B) on the stove.
- Once the beans are warmed, spread them on the inside of your pepper bowls.
- Take a few spoonfuls of corn and add them on top of the beans to the pepper bowls, then add the tomatoes, the slices of avocado, then a few spoonfuls of the salsa. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and Monterey Jack cheese and lastly squeeze a little lime over each cup and voila! You have your Fiesta Pepper bowls.
Four bowls can serve two people for a meal or four as an appetizer! The most exciting part of a pepper bowl is you can add any flavors you like and omit any you don’t!