Preparing homemade treats for your dog can be a fun experience. Just like cooking for yourself, you are able to control how much of an ingredient and what quality ingredient gets put into your dog’s treat. Before whipping this up please give your dog small amounts of each ingredient to make sure that your dog is not allergic to the ingredients.
A Doggie Dessert
- 1 egg
- ¼ c peanut butter
- ¼ c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ c honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 small container of small curd cottage cheese
- ½ c of peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8 or 9 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together whole wheat flour and baking soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Bake for about 30 mins or until golden brown. Let it cool.
- Pour the cottage cheese into a food processor or blender and break down the curds.
- Pour into bowl and combine with peanut butter.
- After the cake is cool, you can go ahead and frost it.
- Please refrigerate leftovers.
Note: You can decorate the cake with dog treats too! Just be careful to not go over board because your dog can get a bad stomach ache. The cake will be good for about five days.